Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Time for Another Surgery

I have been getting emails, texts and calls today from people checking in to see how I am doing and wanting to know an update on the next step. I will admit, after I got my last tissue expansion a couple of weeks ago, I have sort of put the upcoming surgery out of my mind and focused on "regular" life. I realized that I forgot to update everyone on exactly when my reconstructive surgery is. I will be going in tomorrow morning for the outpatient procedure, and I can't tell you how good it will feel to have another step checked off this journey.

I didn't have too much anxiety about tomorrow's surgery until today when I started to think about all of the logistics. I know all will be fine, just the whole surgery experience leaves me anxious. I appreciate every one of you reaching out to me today with your prayers and well wishes at just the right time, when I needed it most. It is expected that I will recover as well or better than the last surgery.

I will try to provide an update as soon as I am able to.

No comments:

Post a Comment